The Payson Cooperative Mercantile and Manufacturing Institution was organized in 1869. The co-op was originally located in the Hancock Building on the southeast corner of today’s Main Street and 100 North. In 1872 a new building was erected at 11 South Main, just south of the Payson Exchange Bank. The organization was reorganized and T. H. Wilson was appointed manager. Years later, in 1898, Mr. Wilson bought the business and it continued as T. H. Wilson and Sons until about 1922. He then sold his stock to ZCMI in Salt Lake City. His son, Stanley, served as manager for about eighteen months.
Saturday, February 28, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Payson Chronicle
Business Spotlight: Beehive Bandit Burgers
Local Business Spotlight : Beehive Bandit Burgers By Paul Johnson Chris Manning, whose son owns Beehive Bandit Burgers, behind the res...
-
MELODIE OLSEN WOOD On a warm, sunny day in February, our spunky, feisty, independent, loving ...
-
“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” ~ Helen Keller Forthcoming funer...
-
PHOTO—Hired as a chemist for the Utah-Idaho Sugar Company in 1915, Ephraim Cluff worked at the Bellingham, Washington plant, and later Midva...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.