The Payson
Cooperative Mercantile and Manufacturing Institution was organized in
1869, writes L. Dee Stevenson of the Payson Historical Society in this week's column, "Pictures Tell The Payson Story." They were originally located in the Hancock Building, located
on the southeast corner of today’s Main Street and 100 North. In
1872 they had a new building erected at 11 South Main, just south of
the Payson Exchange Bank. The organization was
reorganized and T. H. Wilson was appointed manager. Years later, in 1898, Mr. Wilson bought the business and it continued as T.
H. Wilson and Sons until about 1922. He then sold his stock to ZCMI
in Salt Lake City. His son, Stanley, served as manager for about
eighteen months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Payson Chronicle
-
MELODIE OLSEN WOOD On a warm, sunny day in February, our spunky, feisty, independent, loving ...
-
“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” ~ Helen Keller Forthcoming funer...
-
PHOTO—Hired as a chemist for the Utah-Idaho Sugar Company in 1915, Ephraim Cluff worked at the Bellingham, Washington plant, and later Midva...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.